Tuesday 16 June 2015

A weekend with " Art- Canvas"

Hellooo..


Well this last Saturday night I managed to catch the very last class that Nat May was teaching here in queensland before she was to fly out and head back home. Mandie from the The Scrap Cottage hosted Nat and her class and I managed to sneak in last minute into the canvas class! I love trying out different things - especially when they are a little or a lot out of my comfort zone. This one was half way for me ! So I was totally up for giving it a go!! 

Nat was using the gorgeous Dina Wakley acrylic paints, and oh my Lordy they spoke to my unknown mixed media heart lol.. They are so bright and vibrant and just " gel " together beautifully on the canvas!! 






I ended up getting right into it and enjoyed the process so much!! I am already thinking ahead to what I could create over the winter school holidays :) 





The canvas turned out awesome and I love what Nat had us create!! The look of the paint brushes in the middle was such a cool idea! Then as a wandered through Mandie's shop, I spotted some gorgeous new Prima flowers in purple and orange! it got me thinking - and right away I thought I would " frou frou" up my canvas ..



So on the way home from class, I grabbed a bottle of wine, stoked the fire when I got home and settled in to adding some more to my finished layout. .. What resulted was somewhat of a flower fetish on my canvas.lol.. BUT I love it !! and it feels more like me now!! 




Art- canvas by Bernii Miller


I have been hoarding onto the yellow stem / cluster of yellow flowers ( on the right) for a few years, and never had the heart to destash it! So I was super super happy that I could find a home for it on this canvas. I added in the orange Prima flower and then thought the cut file leaves that I grabbed from i heart studio just matched so well .

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller

Art- canvas by Bernii Miller


I just wanted to say THANK YOU again to Nat May for showing and introducing me to this other world in scrapbooking. She made me feel totally inspired and her passion shows through in her teaching!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Much love 
Bernii xx



5 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous - I love that you turned it into your own - freaking amazing!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are fabulous!! So glad you made it to Natalie's class, always lovely to catch up with you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love it Bernii... totally awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! This is so you!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So vibrant and gorgeous! Absolutely love this Bernii! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...