Thursday 13 November 2014

A weekend with " Masters Pilot Pen Challenge"

Helllooooo

I am back with you to share another of my Scrapbooking Memories Magazine challenges from the last issue. This one was a Pilot Pen challenge and I will admit right here and right now that I was really really stumped as to how I was going to incorporate this product into this assignment. 
The team and I were then asked by Vanessa the editor of the magazine if we would all create a journal for specific women out west that are going through the Breast Cancer battle. I was really inspired by this and wanted to create something soft and feminine for her to record her thoughts through both the good and the bad times that lay ahead her. 



I started with some basic journals that I grabbed from the typo store and used some Magie Holmes, Heidi Swapp , BoBunny and Prima to create the cover. 

I then asked a really god friend of mine ( who is a fabulous sewer) if she would mind creating a pouch to hold both the pens and the journals.. And this is what she came up with for me !! How AWESOME ♥ This is a direct link to her facebook page where she sells her awesome wares.. 



The pouch holds everything that she needs and more. Her journal, a journal each for her little boys, and a pouch to hold her Pilot Pens on their very own. 










The fabric that  was chosen by Steph matched perfectly with the journal that I created..






When I recieved the email from Vanessa with brief information about the recipient I also knew that she had two very young boys. Now I know they will not journal in here as such, but I hope that they might draw their mother some awesome pictures to make her smile, or to even keep them busy when their mother is in the hospital.. 

 I used some Echo Park paper that I picked up from my local scrapbooking store  to create the boys journals and the papers were just perfect!! 




Well I wish Sheree and her family all the sincerest best wishes for their future and hope with all my heart that she will beat this and come out on top!!

Thanks so much for stopping by..


Till next time 

Much love
Bernii xx

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to do, and it all looks beautiful! The fabric for the case is perfect and the three journal covers look wonderful, I send healing prayers to this dear lady and hope she is totally healed too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...