Monday 7 July 2014

A weekend with " Dream - watercolour layout tutorial"

Helllooo

Well today I thought I would share with some what of a tutorial of a class that I taught at my local scrapbooking store. When I was asked to teach a layout I decided I wanted to create something in line with my masters "Adore" layout. I LOVED making that layout and totally loved the bright colours and rainbow effect. So "Lovely Dream" was created ...



The layout was fairly simple to piece together and the longest parts were waiting for the watercolours to dry entirely before starting the next colour. It is so important that you wait to do that to make sure that no colour bleeding or mixing occurs. 

So lets get started..

For all of my watercolour layouts I always do some sort of gesso stencil in the back ground. This is for two reasons.. 1. to stop the card stock from warping  2. to add a little hint of extra interest in the background.



I then used my freckled fawn light bulb stamp with my waterproof ink. 




 Then it was time to play with my watercolours. I use the children Crayola paint set. I find that the colours in the set are vibrant , and dry truest to their wet form. I find that holding the brush losses in my hand is the best way to allow the colour to "flow".




Then once the colours were all dry I grabbed out bits and pieces from my collection that would co - ordinate well with each colour. 

I then mounted my photo with some foam tape so that I would be able to tuck in some of the elements snuggly around the photo. 






Then it is just a case of adhering all the elements to the page. This is the best bit as you can really dig into your tub of left over bits and pieces and use them up .. you know the pieces your were saving for later.. for some reason or another..lol



And that is it.. So super easy and so much fun!! The possibilities are endless especially if you have lots of different larger stamps that can be used in place of the light bulbs. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and please if you have any questions or me about any of the steps leave them in the comments and I will be sure to answer them for you :)

Till next time
 Much love 

Bernii xx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...