Friday 31 January 2014

A weekend with " Polly! Scrap kits layout"


Well today I am sharing something a little bit different from my usual Project Life spreads..I found some time to play along with the main Polly! Scrap ,Watermelon Gelato kit and I had so much fun. The kit is still available in the Polly! shop HERE

 I usually end up doing traditional scrapbook pages of the all the extra events I do not use in my Project Life album, or want to add more journalling about. So this layout was on of the extra layouts I wanted to create as an extra.. to record this fun afternoon I had with my children..

I loved the really fun and bright colours that were in this kit and the super cute embellishments ..




I added on the bottom strip of the patterned paper, as it was just to cute not to add in somewhere!! So I simply sewed it to the bottom of the page.  Then while I had the sewing machine out I sewed right over the chipboard embellishment .. Just if you try it make sure you go nice and steady so the needle can cope. ( See below).


How cute are the cherries.. ahhhh swoon ♥


Lastly I used the velum pocket from the kit to create a pocket for a project life card, that I simply turned into my journalling card. I added some ribbon to the top . So simple and a fun interactive element. I have also managed to use almost every patterned paper from the pack on the this layout, all but one pattern, and loved how it all came together. By simply layering, and tucking in small pieces of scraps you can create a fun and bright layout in no time. 

I will also be up on the Polly! blog this weekend sharing my project life spread using the same kit.. same bright colours and fun embellishments!! See you then ..

Thanks so much for dropping by and taking a peek. 

Till next time
Bernii 

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I like the layers you've got here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aeryn for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE how bright and full of fun that's just bursting out from the page! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful, full of yummy bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your layout looks just as fun as the photo! And cherries always look so cute on everything, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...