Wednesday 31 July 2013

A weekend with " Sassy Scrappers" challenge.

 Good morning and welcome to the last day of the month already!! Wow we are already on a slippery slope that is fast approaching Christmas.. yikes!!! 

So at the end of the month I like to try and complete some challenges so that I can start to use up the cray cray amounts of paper and embellishes I have here is my scrap room.. 

I also love taking part in local challenges too as I get to support them and help spread the word about our awesome local scrappy stores.. Sassy Scrappers is one of those local stores I love to support.. Olga ( one of the ladies behind the name) is just so help full and supportive and I love to shop there when ever my wallet allows ha ha .. 

So I was excited when I had some time up my sleeve to take part in their monthly challenge using this gorgeous mood board. 


And here is my take..


This was a layout made for my little girl. We bought her a " puppy" ( although Sophie was already 8 months old) for her 4th birthday. We got Sophie because Abby plays outside all the time and we live on a property in the middle of bushland. So Sophie was to be little Abigail's watch do for any snakes that might be lurking. Little fox terriers are notorious for being awesome snake catchers so I was very relieved to add her to the family. Abby fell in love with her right away and took Sophie everywhere with her, including into her room at night to sleep with ha ha .. 

So we were very sad when Sophie passed when she was found with a tick on her little body. We had to put her down as she was to far gone. Abby was sad but very brave and came with me to the vets. It was a tough lesson for her but I am so proud of how she took it all in her stride. So this is a little layout for her to remember her Sophie Doo by. 

To tie in the blue form the mood board I painted the "Brilliant" with a fine paintbrush and some Heidi Swapp colourshine.


I love that I could add some banners and hand stitching. 


Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look :) 

I also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to the lovely ladies that take the time to leave comments on my blog. I LOVE it and smile as I am reading!! It means the world to me. 

Much Love 
Bernii xx


8 comments:

  1. AW ... what a lovely story ... so sad about poor Sophie :-(. Totally amazing page - I just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such a sad story. The layout is absolutely beautiful though! Love all the layers, and that title cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the mood board challenge, love all the little details to your layout. so sorry for your family's loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your family's loss - pets take up huge shares in our hearts and they leave very large gaps when they're gone, even after short amounts of time. Hopefully your family can find a new pet; even though Sophie will never be replaced.

    Your LO is a gorgeous tribute to Sophie. The extensive layering is beautifully done and all the little details are pulled together wonderfully; and the title is lovely and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful take on the challenge and what a great memory piece of you loving pet pup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout Bernii. I'm sure Sophie is catching all sorts in Doggy heaven now. Congrats on your recent appointment at LPS! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, that peachy orange is just lovely with the aqua! I love all the dimension! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...