Wednesday 3 July 2013

A week with " Jot mood board Challenge"




Have you had the chance to see the NEW Jot magazine created by the super talented Kim Archer .. 

If you have not had a chance to look at it follow the link here.

 I have been a huge fan of Kim’s for a long time and have loved watching her brand evolve. I started with her on-line scrapbooking classes and live events from years ago and have been a keen follower since.


So when she started her new Jot project I was hooked instantly and have been loving her new mood board challenges! This week I have finally had the chance to play along and created a layout based on this board :


I have just started to play around more with mixed media items and knew right away that I wanted to try out my new water colour paints after seeing the aqua in the mood board. To help add some extra interest to the water colour I applied a chevron mask to the white card stock and painted over it with white gesso. When that was dry I then applied the water colour over the top knowing it would not “stick” to all the gesso, which I love!. Any way you still have some time to come along and play.. so what are you waiting for...






Thanks for looking 


Much Love 
Bernii xx


10 comments:

  1. Neat page. I've never tried to get inspired by a mood board. I'll have to try that one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Emily, I have never attempted one before either and I really enjoyed it :) You should definelty give it a go x

      Delete
  2. yay -- this looks fabulous Bernii... thanks so much for entering the Mood Board challenge!! KIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the color combo-definitely one of my favorites. The painting looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you interpreted the board, the background is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Manda :) I LOVED making the background xx

      Delete
  5. So many wonderful details on here. Beautiful color combo too. So glad I happened upon your blog via 2Peas. Off to sign up as your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love turquoise, red and white together! Lovely playtime with the mixed media. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors an your creative background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This one is so cool! My favorite colorscheme!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...